Thursday, November 09, 2006


Banana Walnut Cake

Banana and walnut go together very well. They're like...good friends. Like chocolate and peanut butter. Or peanut butter and jelly...or or....tomatoes and cheese! :) Walnuts go very well in cakes as they're not too hard and crunchy but have a distinctive bite to it. Add that to the aroma of bananas and you have banana walnut cake!

I read somewhere that walnuts are heart smart..in that they're good for your heart! So to have a healthy heart, you should eat like a handful a day or something. Bananas on the other hand are full of fibre to help your digestion and also are rich in vitamin B6 and they are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. Hehhee if this isnt enough, it's a low GI food so it keeps you energetic for longer. Ok Im the sort of person who's actually put off something the moment someone tells me it's good for health. I refused to drink this milkshake my mum made me because it was a health-shake. Although it probably tasted nice since it was strawberry flavoured. Need to re-condition myself.


Perhaps I should rename it and call it monkey slab or tropical slice or something.
This pound cake is going for RM12 each. Please email me to order =)

2 comments:

thundered cat said...

hehehe... good job sel! i like your second pic :)
rach

vz said...

slurpppp.... they look yum!