Monday, December 09, 2013

Jesus describes His true family

Mark 3 : 31 - 35 is really interesting to me right now, as I ponder why some Christians believe we should keep ourselves within our own religious organisations when it comes to building strong relationships. To the extent of de-emphasizing our existing r'ships with other believers who're not in our organisation.

Logically, it doesn't make sense as we're all in the same family of God [as believers], and in heaven...we're gonna continue being in the same family for eternity! I hope God doesn't segregate us in heaven... like a section for each local church, and telling us not to mingle!

Anyway. Jesus says in v 35 that "whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

How should we treat others within the family of God then?

I take comfort in the knowledge that God knows our hearts, and if we yield to Him, and ask of Him, He will surely speak to us and give us His wisdom. [James 1:5]







No comments: