Monday, August 24, 2009

spinach and bacon salad

this was the first salad I'd ever made in my life and I liked it a lot. spinach is my favourite leaf vegetable and of course anything with bacon in it can't be bad! served up with a piece of toasted turkish bread, it was quite filling.

Spinach and bacon dinner salad (adapted from martha stewart's recipe]
(some quantities are not stated because it's all up to your own common sense) hehe..

washed baby spinach leaves
1/2 sliced red onion
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced into wedges
4 rashers bacon, cooked and shredded
a bit of fetta cheese, cubed
balsamic vinaigrette (2 tbsp olive oil + 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar +salt/pepper shook up in a jar till it emulsifies)

mix everything up and serve with toasted crusty bread

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Hi Selina,
I've been drooling over my keyboard here, looking at all those delicious foodie photos! Spinach and bacon salad the way you have made it is also one of my favourite salads. It makes such a nice change from the old Aussie standard lettuce and tomato salad.