Monday, December 13, 2010

musings near Christmastime...

 Is it too late to plant out my tomato seedlings? i don't know. but i just did yesterday. It still feels like winter here in Tassie, last night's temperatures at 8C. Wish I had a hothouse!
Socks here was getting cozy on the carpet, out of the night cold.
Another year's nearly gone by already!
i rmbr last christmas, how we were eating Christmas lunch with a bunch of aunties [middle aged women, in my culture everyone who's 20 yrs older than you must be called "auntie"] and one of them asked what Gav did. I said "he's a factory worker" which was true at the time! I was utterly and completely surprised when one of the aunties gave me a telling off, saying i shouldn't "put down" my husband like that. but gav laughed when he heard, coz he says it IS true, and even a manager at a factory is a factory worker. thr's no shame in doing honest work, he doesnt look down on factory workers or watever workers. Aren't we all workers if we work? haha. Even the prime minister is a public servant, and we should all strive to be servants of all if we want to be great in God's kingdom.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Hi Cell, thanks for continuing to visit my grumpy blog! I've now discovered your new blog through clicking on the link - it's lovely! (But I liked your first one just as much).
You've made some interesting points about factory workers. I used to work in an office where the girls were bitches, so I used to have my teabreaks and lunch times with the people in the adjoining factory - they were much more fun to be with!