Monday, April 18, 2011

new career

I haven't been writing here much because i've just started my new job as a community nurse. It's been tiring having to learn so much new stuff everyday but rewarding as well. Everyday I go visit patients in their homes to change their wound dressings. Wounds aren't pretty to look at, but most of the patients are lovely to talk to, and today one of them even gave me a bag of gorgeous ripe cherry tomatoes from her garden! And told me to use my green tomatoes in green tomato pickle. I just might do that....

Above is a picture from a recent trip to the Tasmanian East Coast.

2 comments:

Martha Jin said...

it's amazing how you've gone from law to music to nursing! I think you've finally found your real calling! :)

Gina E. said...

Oh Cell, good on you! I did Home Care for 10 years - not nursing as such, but pretty close when you consider what we have to do! The only things a PC can't do are change dressings and give medication or injections. But you are right - it is very rewarding to help sick people. And the perks that come with the job are so good, e.g. home grown fruit and vegies, home baked goodies, and so on. Yum!