Saturday, July 16, 2011

masterchef mania

I've lately been hooked on Masterchef [an Aussie reality cooking contest] and hope Billy wins. It's an entertaining program to watch even if you don't cook coz it's full of drama, competition, triumph, devastation, disaster and is a bit of a cultural journey as well with the contestants going around the world cooking up food from all over.I doubt i'd actually try any of the recipes from it though! I'm not out to be a chef. Just want to cook up yummy food for everyday life. Everyone has their favourite contestant and like a sporting event, it's just fun supporting your contestant by watching passively and hoping for the best!

We had a nice dinner at flathead last night in South Hobart.

Below, the grilled trout with roast vegetables that was cooked to perfection. The fish was crispy on the outside and so juicy and tender on the inside and went so well with the vegetables and had a caramelized exterior with so much flavour! I didn't really like beetroot before but after having it in this dish I think I'll like it from now on.
 Gav had the "Lot" which had deep fried everything with tartare sauce and a salad which he said was very tasty.
It's a small place so booking in advance is recommended.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I'm not surprised to read that you watch Masterchef, knowing of your interest in food! I don't watch any of those 'reality' shows, but from what my friends tell me, most people do.