Sunday, March 10, 2013

birthday

I was lucky enough to have been gifted some treats from Lipscombe Larder in sandy bay. The lemon meringue tart [left] had  impressive towering blobs of baked meringue on top, with rich, tangy lemon curd underneath atop a nice crisp pastry. The fruit tart was also gorgeous, with just the right amount of zing from the fruits, and sweetness from the glaze and custard - and rich pastry that wasn't too sweet.

 for my birthday dinner, the hubby made wonton noodles from scratch. well, almost! the wonton skins were bought, but other than that it was all from scratch.
This is a very simple fruit custard I made for the baby. Just whisk an egg with some milk and pureed fruits [I used apple and raspberry] and bake until set! He loved it. I was glad to have gotten some protein, fat, calcium and fruit into him. I reckon this would work well with pureed vegetables and cheese added to it as well [then it would sort of be a quiche rather than a custard]

No comments: