honey nut granola
everyone loved this crispy oaty cereal like thing. baked oats, nuts and and coconut [if u are so inclined] coated with honey, vanilla and cinnamon. addictive. i suppose one could eat it with milk or yoghurt but i just pop it into mouth and crunch away.
6 cups rolled oats [not the instant ones that are chopped up, the whole ones]
3 cups nuts, chopped into smallish pieces but not pulverised [any nut u like, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, it all goes]
2 cups dessicated coconut
170g butter [melted]
2/3 cups brown sugar
2/3 cups honey
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups raisins [or sultanas or dried cranberries]
1. heat oven to 180c, get ready a LARGE roasting pan [THE LARGER THE BETTER! but make sure it can fit into your oven]
2. in the large roasting pan, stir oats, nuts and coconut until combined.
3. whisk sugar, honey, vanilla and melted butter. pour over oat mixture, toss with fork until everything is coated well.
4. Bake 50 minutes, stirring with a fork every 10 minutes until mixture is golden brown and toasted.
5. let cool in the pan on a wire rack about 50 minutes. stir in raisins. store in an airtight container