Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chez Maria's in Oakleigh

This cozy little cafe in Oakleigh has a great selection of yummy but fattening things to go with fresh salads. Great service as well. Above, the stuffed eggplant was yummy, as anything with cheese on top always is. Next to it is a flaky pie with cheese and spinach filling.

I wasn't familiar enough with how these meals work so I didn't think to get any salads, I just pointed at whatever I wanted through the glass case.
The roasted potatoes, above had a tangy, tomato-ey flavour. The stuffed tomato had meat and cheese inside. I think everything must've been drizzled with olive oil because I felt so full after just eating a few mouthfuls.
I don't know what this was, but it was supposed to be a dessert. Something like a deep fried piece of pastry. I didn't like it that much but perhaps i just wasn't used to it.

All this with 2 coffees came up to $30.

No comments: