Monday, November 07, 2011

vietnamese in melborne

 i love vietnamese food. it's sort of like chinese, but with more herbs and raw veggies that give it a refreshing character. And I just love how cheap it is in Melbourne - this big bowl of pho [beef noodles in broth] at a noodle place in Preston was just $8.50! they usually come with a big heap of raw bean sprouts but I like them cooked, so I requested for that when ordering. Also, there's a huge bunch of fresh fragrant herbs as a garnish.I know one of them is thai basil but the others I can't name.The broth's made from meat, cinnamon, star anise and some other stuff, with a squeeze of lemon juice for tang.
the rice paper rolls are delicious too but if u're going to have both in one meal, it's best to share the noodles as you wont have enough stomach space. it's very filling!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Looks delicious! I love meat and vegies in a broth, as opposed to a stock. Cinnamon and star anise...what a tasty combination.
Are you back in Melbourne permanently, or was this a flying visit?