Wednesday, February 29, 2012

garden mystery

 can anyone tell me what this plant is? I'm trying to decide if it's a weed or not. it was here when we moved in, growing among the garlic chives and mint...it smells very strong, sort of like basil but it's not the regular basil.
 i want to know what it is before I decide to mow it down in case it's something good!
 this last week I'd been thumbing through a martha stewart magazine and decided to try making these chicken sausage quesadillas. they're essentially a toasted sandwich made with flat breads. I used these prepackaged naan breads from coles coz they were on special.
 and filled them up with roasted sweet potato pieces, mushrooms, sliced cooked chicken sausage and shredded mozzarella [although i think tasty cheese would've been nicer]
 and served them up with some tomato salsa, guacamole an salad!

these I got from sweet envy - raspberry, nectarine and plum. very nice.... they were quite huge so these lasted me 3 days [a macaron a day!]

2 comments:

Martha Jin said...

unfortunately can't help you with taht plant..although it does look like a herb. I'm salivating over your sandwich! I'm too lazy to cook anything good these days.

Gina E. said...

Did you find out what your plant is? If it smells like Basil, it quite possibly is a variety of it. Herbs can grow in more than one size; what you find in nurseries are usually a standard type that sells well.