Saturday, June 09, 2007

Butterscotch Hazelnut Brownies

I tried a new one bowl recipe today and it was so easy. One doesnt even need a cake mixer for this! It's all done in one bowl and baked in 25 minutes. Nothing could be easier!

1. Melt 50g butter [in the microwave] in a big glass bowl. Sitr in 1 Cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tbsp milk and 1 egg.

2. Stir in 1 cup sifted plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup chopped nuts [any kind you fancy]

3. Pour into greased baking pan, bake at 180 C for 25 minutes.


I dont know why but most of the recipes I try always end up being "too sweet" for the typical Malaysian palate. perhaps westerners really do like their sweets sweeter. Well, some of the cellgroup members liked it.

This one's a blondie, meaning it's a brownie without chocolate. I managed to take some nicer pictures this time coz it was daylight after i finished baking them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

coming here always makes me extremely hungry! not good for me. The pictures are wayyyy too tempting! arrghhhh... Must resist!

Anonymous said...

hey I forgot taht I'd left a comment on here before. BUt anyway, yes most Western desserts are too sweet for the M;sian tastebud. For instance, i tried Martha Stewart's Oatmeal cookies several times already. In the recent batches, I reduced sugar by quarter cup, and all of a sudden everyone wants more!
Well, hope all is good dear!
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sel,

The hazelnut brownies were gorgeous. It's too bad I left early so only had one piece. Would have loved more ^^